Andrea B.
West House
Topic: Foster Care
EQ: What is the best way to help a foster child find a permanent home?
New EQ: What is most important in the adoption process of a foster child.

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Presentation Reflection

  1. I have to say that my interview helped me a lot in my presentation because my five minute presentation was about my interview Norma Perez. She really helped me out by telling me how foster care works and explaining to me that every child is different in how some have mental issues, drug abuse, physical issues, etc. The stories she told me during my interview of her experience she had with a couple of children got to me and it made me realize that I'm looking forward for learning more about foster care. In my presentation I talked a little about how she was a foster care worker and of what she thought about it they good things and the bad. Another thing I explained was the story of a young girl who has mental issues because her parents abuse and now shes living two different life's.
  2. The thing that stood up in my presentation that I said was the story of the young girl because I feel that a little girl of 5 years old had been through enough with her parents abuse and for no reason. Now, she is living two different life's she can be the sweetest girl but out of nowhere she becomes a violent girl who wants to hit people around her, hits herself and then blames it on the person who takes care of her. That little girl has been in the position of wanting to kill herself and I believe that little kids at that age shouldn't be suffering and wanting to die, thats the age where there suppose to feel love by their family and have fun playing but instead they want to die because of how much they been abuse.
  3. The most challenging part was that I couldn't decide in what to talk about because there is a lot to say about foster care, but I made it though by talking about my interview because she had interesting things that got my attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment