Andrea B.
West House
Topic: Foster Care
EQ: What is the best way to help a foster child find a permanent home?
New EQ: What is most important in the adoption process of a foster child.

Monday, May 14, 2012

Service Learning


  1. Literal- Think Together Site coordinator Rupa Patel (909)331-2152 cell (714)742-1602 Buena Vista Elementary School 
    950 West D St.
    Ontario, CA 91762
    San Bernardino
    Service Learning Log
  2.     Interpretive-  The most important thing I gained from working in think together, was working with different kids I experience bad/good  attitude, foster girl, learning disability, and easily distracted kids. The reason why I think this is so important is because in order to deal with kids in foster care you have to experience and know how they are and react not all kids are the same. Another thing I gained while working with the kids is that when they like you and they see you they want to run and hugged you but I learned that when we see it coming we should go side ways and just pat them because some people or the kids make take it wrong how you get near them, we have to have a certain distances. 
  3. Applied- Before I changed my EQ to What is most important in the adoption process of a foster child? my EQ was What is the best way to help a foster child find a permanent home? My service learning helped me answer that question because as I spend time with the little foster girl, she would mention how she has about 4-5 moms and she is bearly in first grade, it made me think about it why was it that "she has had so many mom and now shes calling me mom" maybe because shes not that happy with the family she has, it made me realize my EQ was what is the best way to help a foster child find a permanent home? and how she has been through so many already then social workers were probably not finding a good home for her, or else she would of a;ready been stable but no shes been to one home to another. That is why I chose my best answer to be hiring competent social workers, social workers that will work till they find a perfect home and knowing the child and parents background information, and filing every information, and noting down the good and bad things they see with the child adjusting to their new home.

No comments:

Post a Comment