Andrea B.
West House
Topic: Foster Care
EQ: What is the best way to help a foster child find a permanent home?
New EQ: What is most important in the adoption process of a foster child.

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Independent Component 1

Literal
   I Andrea Baltazar I completed my independent component which was 30 hours of me working with some kids in think together. I talked and helped out a few students more because one is a foster student and another one has a certain disability and I want to work with kids who have different personality's because that's what I will be dealing with later on the future. 
Interpretive 
    I go twice a week and make hours for independent component and service learning and I ended up finishing my independent component, helping out students that each have something you need to focus on and showing them support. And also, been patient because they are little and want all the attention.
Applied
   Working with Miracle helped me realize how to answer my EQ, when she told me she wants me to be her mom she had also told me she has 4 other moms, when she told me that  it made me think of how much parents is the main thing of how foster kids get destroy but at the same time you have to find the good family to adopt the children in need.  By finding the good family who can take care of that child, and give them all they need it will help them out and social workers have no other choice than to let them be happy with them.
Grading Criteria 
  The list of how many hours I've done is in my blog on the right side under Service Learning/ Independent Component 1. Completed 30 Hours the rest is Service learning hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment